Why do A-level biology summer school? The first year of A-level Biology is a pretty big step up from GCSE. The detail piles up, but so do the answers – finally some answers! – to questions you may have had about how biology works. Year 13 builds on this. We revisit many of Year 12’s themes – DNA, diversity, how cells work – but using recent science advances to give you more of a feel for biology and life as a scientist. It’s a packed course – and it can be a little overwhelming.
Whether you’re half way through your Biology A-level, or just about to start, I can help! I’m taking bookings for tutoring sessions in July and August to give you a head-start for September.
Online A-level biology tutoring summer sessions help you to…
- Make the transition from GCSE to A-level, including getting a head-start on A-level biology topics for September.
- Recap your Year 12/ AS biology learning, with “troubleshooting” on any topics you find challenging.
- Work on three skills you need for A-level biology –
Learning (approaching and remembering biological “facts”)
Understanding (feeling comfortable and confident with the processes of life)
Presenting (putting your knowledge on paper in a way that gets you the marks you deserve)
- Work on specific aspects like “evaluate” questions, “application” questions and exam technique.
- Boost your confidence ahead of the new term, which might help you enjoy the summer even more!
All the best,
Dr John Ankers is a specialist online A-level biology tutor, coach and writer